1. M: I think you speak excellent English. Are you from England?
W: Thank you, sir, but I am from Canada.
Q:Where is the woman from?
A. Australia. B. Canada. C. England.
2. W: When does the film start, John?
M: 7:30 p.m., and it will last an hour and a half.
Q:When does the film end?
A. 8:30. B. 9:00. C. 9:30.
3. M: What a beautiful dress. Did you make it yourself?
W: No. I had my mother do it.
Q:What does the woman mean?
A. She made the dress herself.
B. Her mother bought the dress for her.
C. Her mother made the dress for her.
4. W: We are going to visit the Summer Palace tomorrow?
M: Are you? May I join you?
Q:What does the man mean?
A. He wants to go with them.
B. He will invite his friends.
C. He is not interested in going.
5. W: Every time I see you, you are wearing a different shirt.
M: That’s because I have one for every day of the week.
Q:How many shirts does the man have?
A. Five B. Six C. Seven