1. A) A man was pulled to safety after a building collapse.
2. C) He was collecting building materials.
3. B) Change British people’s negative view of math.?
4. D) Primary school teachers understand basic maths concepts.?
5. D) He held a part-time job for over 20 years.?
6. B) He can change his focus of attention.?
新2代理网站 7. C) They rarely recognized him.?
8. D) They saw a business opportunity there.?
9. A) Provide foreign investment to expand business.?
10. C) They all come from Romania.?
11. B) Throughout the world.?
12. B) Try out a new restaurant together in town.?
13. D) It provides information on local events.?
14. C) They go to eat at different stylish restaurants.?
15. B) This year’s Restaurant Week will start soon. ?
16. B) Exposing them to vegetables repeatedly.?
17. A) They were disliked most by children.?
18. B) Children’s eating habits can be changed.?
19. D) A lot of garbage has been left on the moon.?
20. A) It is costly to bring back.?
21. C) Study the effect of radiation and vacuum on its materials.?
22. A) It is likely to remain a means of business communication.?
23. B) Make a timely response.?
24. C) It requires no reply.?
25. D) Avoid using capitals for emphasis.?
26. I remedies?
27. D inconvenience?
28. H recommended?
29. C hesitant?
30. 0 worse?
31. B experiences?
32. J scared?
33. M pressured?
34. L sink?
35. E lessen ?
41-45 NMDKH ?
36. A research project found bacteria made their way to the food on the floor in five seconds. ?
37. Whether food is contaminated depends much on the number of bacteria that get onto it. ?
38. Food contamination may result from various factors other than food dropping on the floor ?
39. Males are less likely than females to eat focd that may have been contaminated. ?
41. Keeping everything clean is the best way to stay healthy. ?
42. Chances are you will not fall sick because of eating food picked up from the floor. ?
43. For a long time people have had the experience of deciding whether or not to eat food pickedup from the floor. ?
44. Some strains of bacteria are so harmful that a tiny few can have deadly consequences. ?
新2代理网站 45. Researchers found how manv bacteria got into the food did not have much to do with howlong the food stayed on a contaminated floor. ?
46. What do we learn from a newly published study about cats??
C - They have a natural ability to locate animais they hunt. ?
47. What may account for the cats' response to the noise from the containers??
D - Their mastery of cause and effect ?
48. What is characteristic of the way cats hunt, according to the Japanese researchers??
B - They rely mainly on their hearing. ?
49. In what way do babies behave like cats??
A - They focus on what appears odd. ?
50. What can we conclude about cats from the passage??
B - They interact with the physical world much like humans. ?
51. What would be the impact of the extensive use of driveress cars??
A - People would be driving in a more civilized way.?
52. How would the elderly and the disabled benefit from driverless cars??
A - They could enjoy greater mobility ?
53. What would be the negative impact of driveress cars??
D - Numerous professional drivers would have to find new ways of earning a living. ?
54. What is the result of the introduction of new technologies in energy industries??
B - Retaining of employees. ?
55. What does the author suggest businesses and the govemment do?
C - Enable everyone to benefit from new technologies. ?
The past few years has witnessed the rapid development of China’s mobile payment market. The appearance of mobile internet has turned shopping on phones into a trend. The young men between 18 and 30 are the largest consumer group on this market. Considering the extreme convenience of the mobile payment, many consumers are willing to use phones, rather than cash or credit cards, for the payment. To encourage people’s consumption, many shops offer discounts to the customers who use mobile payment. It is predicted by experts that there exists great potential for China’s mobile payment market. ?
Directions: ?新2代理网站For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short essay on the challenges of studying abroad. You should write at least 120 words but no more than 180 words. ?
新2代理网站As economic globalization and cultural integration have impacted people’s life more profoundly, an increasing number of college students are inclined to study abroad in order to seek for different educational opportunities. ?The challenges of studying studying abroad can be listed as follows. Initially, different habits and customs can exerted unexpected effects on our life. We are not used to living in a completely strange environment. Besides, teaching philosophy and methods among diverse countries are contradictory sometimes, which is not suitable for students studying abroad. At last, studying abroad needs huge expense. Not only should our parents take pressure, we also need to do heavy part-time jobs after school. ?To conclude, were it left to me to comment, I would recommend that students are expected to fully consider whether studying abroad is the best choice for themselves and their family.