Part I DICTATION
Think Positive and Feel Positive
Are you confident or insecure in a difficult situation? / Do you react positively or negatively? / The answer may depend in part on whom you’re around. / A study found that negative thinking can be contagious in some cases. / For example, the researchers studied 103 college roommates. / They measured each roommate’s tendency towards negative thinking. / It was found that thinking patterns can be contagious. / Students with a negative thinking roommate became more depressed themselves, / and students with more positive thinking roommates / were more likely to become more positive as well.
大色欧美AvPart II LISTENING COMPREHENSION
SECTION A TALK
大色欧美Av2. challenging settings
3. National Spelling Contest
4. passion and perseverance
5. future a reality
8. measures of talent
9. not fixed / changeable
大色欧美Av10. a temporary condition
SECTION B CONVERSATIONS
大色欧美Av1.Why does the woman call the man?
大色欧美Av答案：［D］ To tell the man the procedure of the interview.
2.What kind of questions can the man ask in the interview?
大色欧美Av答案：［A］ Questions related to the job.
3.Which is the last part of the interview?
答案：［C］Presentation from the interviewee.
大色欧美Av4.What might be expected from the man’s presentation?
答案：［D］Company future and his contribution.
5.When is the interview scheduled?
大色欧美Av答案：［B］11 a.m. ，next Thursday.
6.What is the interview mainly about?
答案：［C］ How to handle the problem of college loans.
大色欧美Av7.How does the cost of college education change every year?
答案：［A］It was increased by 6 to 8%.
8.What is used to measure student loan debt as a guideline?
答案：［B］First year salary after graduation.
9.What is the advantage of joining a college savings plan?
答案：［D］Students withdraw without paying tax.
10. What is the possible social cost of a college loan?
大色欧美Av答案：［A］Giving up charitable or volunteer work.
Part III LANGUAGE KNOWLEDGE
11. How can I concentrate if you_____ continually_____ me with silly questions?
大色欧美Av12. Among the four sentences below, Sentence _____ expresses the highest degree of possibility.
答案：［D］ It should take a long time to find a solution to the problem.
13. She is a better speaker than _____ in the class.
答案：［A］ any boy
14. Nobody heard him sing, _____?
答案：［D］ did they
大色欧美Av15. I can’t put up with _____.
大色欧美Av答案：［B］ that friend of yours
大色欧美Av16. There has been an increasing number of _____ in primary schools in the past few years.
大色欧美Av答案：［D］ men teachers
17. This is one of the issues that deserve _____ .
18. The audience _____ excited on seeing _____ favorite star glide onto the stage.
19. _____ your advice, I would have made the wrong decision.
答案：［B］ Had it not been for
大色欧美Av20. The sentence I wish I had been more careful in spending money expresses the speaker’s _____ .
21. The Attorney General ordered a federal autopsy of Brown’s body, seeking to _____ the family and community there would be a thorough investigation into his death.
22. The police department came under strong criticism for both the death of an unarmed man and its handling of the _____.
23. The Foreign Secretary tried to _____ doubts about his handling of the crisis.
大色欧美Av24. Mutual funds are thus best for investors who don’t want to take the time to study stocks in detail or who _____ the resources to build a portfolio.
大色欧美Av25. Chris ran _____ John at a sporting-goods trade show and the two quickly struck _____ an easy rapport.
大色欧美Av26. “I am leaving the country soon,” he told a _____ convened group of reporters.
27. Israel and Hamas had reached a deal on extending the _____ ceasefire by an extra 24 hours until Tuesday at midnight.
28. _____ to unplugging the alarm clock and trusting your ability to wake on time on your own, you should probably ease yourself into the new arrangement by keeping a very regular schedule for several weeks.
29. If you are an athlete, strong abdominal muscles help you ensure a strong back and freedom from injury during _____ upper-body movement.
30. Finning is a cruel _____ in which the shark’s fins are lopped off, and the live shark is thrown back to sea.
Part IV CLOZE
大色欧美AvPart V READING COMPREHENSION
SECTION A MULTIPLE-CHOICE QUESTIONS
41. In Para. 1, the phrase “set my feet” probably means .
答案：B. prepare me
42. It can be concluded from Para. 2 that .
答案：A. the man wanted to maintain dignity though starved
43. Compared with Brother A, Brother B was more towards the effect of the one-million-pound bank-note on a total stranger.
大色欧美Av44. Which of the following is the best title for the passage?
大色欧美Av答案：B. Popular Peace Symbols.
大色欧美Av45. The rainbow represents the connection between human beings and their gods in all the following countries EXCEPT .
大色欧美Av46. In North Europe mistletoe was often hung in doorways to indicate .
大色欧美Av47. The origin of the ankh can date back to .
答案：D. ancient Egypt
48. What is the author’s attitude towards Clinton’s proposal to welfare?
49. It can be inferred from Para. 7 that optimum penalties are to the underclass.
大色欧美Av50. Which of the following is the most appropriate title for the passage?
答案：D. Disease of Despair.
SECTION B SHORT-ANSWER QUESTIONS
大色欧美Av51. In Para. 4, what does the man mean by saying “I had to bear my trouble”？
答案：I had to endure hunger and not to eat.
52. What can be inferred from the last sentence of the passage?
答案： I was chosen to try out the million-pound note.
大色欧美Av53. Why does the UN use the olive branch in its symbol?
答案： Because it symbolizes peace and unity in modern culture.
大色欧美Av54. According to the author, what balance should we keep in welfare?
答案：To make basic needs meet and low-paid work attractive.
55. What does the author mean by saying “Even under the worst of circumstances, we believe we are in control of our lives” (Para. 10)?
大色欧美Av答案：Even taking low-paid jobs, we have hope for the future.
PART Ⅵ WRITING
New research has shown that almost four out of ten parents in the UK have taken their children out of school to go on holidays. Cost is the main reason given by parents for sacrificing① their children’s education. Parents are to be banned, however, by UK’s Education Authority, from taking their children out of school to go during term time.
Should local authorities stagger② school holidays to enable families with children to take advantage of travel bargains? Or is it wrong for parents to jeopardize③ their children’s education for the sake of④ a cheaper holiday? As far as I am concerned, education is more important. Firstly, children’s education must come first. A cheap holiday during the school season shouldn’t be the reason to take a child out of school. Some parents are not willing to sacrifice or schedule their lives in terms of their children’s needs. This kind of attitude will influence their children deeply. It’s no wonder so many kids are not interested in school and don’t take their study seriously. Secondly, school isn’t day care center. It’s an educational institution that needs every student to follow its rules. Taking a child on holiday when school is in session will disturb the order of the school. Besides, it is disruptive for⑤ the child, because he will have to catch up when he returns.
All in all, taking children out of school for a cheaper holiday is irresponsible behavior. Those parents would risk being fined financially and morally. It’s not only kids that need to grow up——a lot of parents need to as well.